Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Still going

Ok, I made it through the night last night, thanks to having such a loving and supportive husband who is *extremely* patient even when I'm bawling my eyes out about stupid things that don't matter. I messed up a little with the fries, but hopefully not *too* bad. I'm starting today off with something I want, though. Since the shakes are a little too foamy for me when I first make them and since I usually end up eating too much at night, I'm going to attempt to get my heavier calories in the morning instead of hording them all til the end of the day. For this morning, that means not passing up the spinach & paremsean bagel that I've been looking forward to for a week (we get bagels every week at work, and this is my absolute favorite kind!) I was going to attempt to be strong and not eat one, but then I decided to just have it if I want it and just count the calories. It's a lot to start with, but maybe it will help me have a happier less emotional day. Hopefully that will lead to a breakdown free night :-)

So no...I haven't completely given up yet...but I will continue to improvise and rearrange things until I find what's doable for me. I need to just continue to remind myself that I'm the only pregnant woman I know who is going through this, so there isn't anyone to tell me what's normal and what's not when my body isn't completely my own at the moment. All I can do is do my best, and realize that my situation isn't like anyone else's.

For now I'll just keep on keepin' on. We'll see what the rest of the day brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment