Monday, August 30, 2010

Iron deficiency during pregnancy


So this morning as I'm sitting here at work DEAD tired, it dawns on me that "Oh yeah! I have an iron deficiency...before the new eating plan I had been making sure that I was eating Cream of Wheat at least once a day. I looked up the calories for my yummy Instant packet of goodness and realized that it's 130 calories. Not *too* bad but I would love to conserve those calories for something I might really want later (yes, I'm a calorie hoarder...I realized this long ago...and that's why I always end up with so many calories to still eat at the end of the night!) So anyway, Cream of Wheat for my iron. I started to think about the meal replacement shakes, and thought "Well this is supposed to be a pretty complete supplement...I wonder how much iron this has...". I looked it up, and this lovely information to your left is what I found. YAY!! Now I love Cream of Wheat anyway, but now I don't feel like I HAVE to use my calories towards it unless I want to. 83% in just the one shake, and I'm having two a day. I'm set!

No comments:

Post a Comment