Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 4 - Sunday August 29

I'm not sure I should really be calling yesterday and today days 3 and 4, because I haven't followed the plans either day. After Saturday night, I thought about waking up at my normal time Sunday morning which is literally about an hour before church. This doesn't give me time to drink a shake, let alone grab anything "good" for breakfast. Yup, this is another excuse. I hate "making excuses" for things. I really should be strong enough and disciplined enough to set things up better for myself. Maybe over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, my mom suggested that I follow the plan during the week then give myself the weekends off if that would help me. It really would, but I don't want to spend the weekend undoing everything that I've done to better my health over the week. I do have to admit it's a good start, at least.

So for now...the shakes and counting are a weekday thing. I need to be more careful on the weekends than I was this weekend. Not following the plan or counting calories over the weekend should NOT mean that I can eat all the cookies my body will allow me to before getting sick, or gorging myself on rolls, or cutting fruits and vegetables out of my life almost completely. I will be more lenient with myself, but I need to at least show that I'm still trying *some*.

In the meantime...I (because I'm dumb) stepped on the scale again tonight. 182. Hrm. My husband keeps telling me that the scale is wrong...but it wasn't going down before, only up. I told him that I'll try not to get *too* excited (again, try) and I'll use the weigh ins at the dr's office every 2 weeks for my "official" weigh in.

Needless to say, I didn't keep track of the food that I ate today. A few leftover cookies from last night, roast, potatoes, lots of rolls, a little bag of Funyuns (like the 3/$1 kind), and I think that's about it. I didn't get much water in, and didn't get my exercise. I need to start making that a priority. Maybe I'll fire up the Wii Fit tomorrow. We'll see how much ambition I have after a full Monday of work :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment