Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 1 - Thursday August 26

So I wasn't sure how everything was going to work for food today. I didn't prepare anything ahead of time. I was already running late for work, so I grabbed a bag of shake mix, threw a bunch of food in a bag, and ran out the door. I did stop at WalMart on the way to pick up a personal blender to take to work and use for my shakes. This makes me sad as I've bought 2 bullet blenders in the past and I still have them...I'm just not sure where. I didn't pack up my house last time we moved, and I haven't gone through even half of the boxes yet. I rebuy far too many things I already have.

Considering I didn't plan for the day at all, I didn't do too bad. Ended up eating:
*1 scoop shake
*Turkey slice w/ a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
*1/2 spinach wrap (whole wrap is 3 wedges laughing cow cheese spread on a spinach tortilla, 3 slices of turkey).
*2 scoop shake
*other 1/2 wrap
*1/2 quesadilla (1 wheat tortilla w/ 1/2 c. cheddar)
*5 Strawberries
*1 c. grapes
*1/2 quesadilla
*2 X Power Squares™

I kept good track as I put together excel sheet to print out and put in my planner. Each page has a week's worth of information. There will be improvements eventually, but it's helpful for now. Maybe I'll take a picture or scan it or something when I get home...we'll see. I also made a page for me to list the calorie content for foods I eat frequently or new food combinations I've made up.

I did learn a few things today. First, the personal blender didn't work so well. I ended up returning it on my way home. I decided that it's worth taking the time to make the shakes in the morning to have ready. I also learned that the shake isn't great on it's own, which I expected. I tried adding a little coconut extract to one and banana extract to the other, and I just don't have the proportions down. I'll have to play around with them a bit over the next few days. I also learned that I don't want to do a shake with just the 1 scoop of the meal replacement. It's makes it too thin and watery. I definitely learned that I want to plan my food ahead of time and prepare it ahead of time.

Changes I noticed? I'm still very tired. This is just the first day, so I didn't expect a lot...but with my using the energy drinks like I have been the last few days...I need to incorporate them. I also noticed that I had to run to the bathroom at least every hour. Being 7 months pregnant a lot of people expect this of me anyway, but I know I wasn't drinking enough water before today...so it was a little frustrating (especially because I was in meetings from 12:30 until 3:30 with barely enough time to run in between meetings!)

Something kind of fun is that I noticed the baby moving a little more. I'm not sure if it was in response to the change in diet or if it's just one of those days, but I figure it's worth mentioning in case I come back to it in the future.

The last thing I noticed is the exercise. This is going to be a difficult one for me, as I already feel extremely wussy. I did have to run between buildings for meetings and used the stairs instead of the elevator at work. I also had a laundry marathon tonight, and with a disabled husband I'm carrying the loads up and down the stairs and getting things put away (although he did help some with the folding and putting away, which did help a lot!)

That's about it. I'm sure that's enough for one day! More information than anyone else wants to look at I'm sure, but since this if for my reference...you can skip what you want to :-) I did get my food planned for tomorrow which should make the prep work in the morning a lot easier.

OH!! I also weighed myself on my scale at home so that I would have a starting point. I will only weigh myself once a week (Saturday night or Sunday morning), but my starting point on my home scale is 190 (eek!)

Day 1 down...bring on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment